Sunday, September 19, 2010

October's Pauper Game Day Flier!


Here's the flier for next month's Pauper Game Day. Normally this isn't something I'd post but given the specialness of October's event I decided it would be worth sharing. With Halloween the following week I thought it only fitting that the tokens and the flier for the event be fitting of the season. I'm a big fan of the B-movies from the 50s, 60s, & 70s that MST3k would always make fun of and I wanted to mimic some of the movie posters from that era. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha...nice.

    Did you have any trouble starting up paper Pauper events? I've thought about it but I'm not sure how well received it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were certainly some challenges getting it started and introducing the format to those that were not aware of it. I polled the local players a few months before my first event to get a better idea of their level of interest as well as to get them thinking about the Pauper in general.

    Your level of success may vary and will ultimately be dependent on what other formats the players in your area enjoy. Standard is the only thing people are interested in my area so I run Standard Pauper events as a result. If there were a significant Legacy/Vintage playgroup in the area and the local store had singles to supply interest in the format I would try to introduce them Eternal Pauper.

    Start off small by simply bringing a few Pauper decks to your local Magic night for people to see & play. Build interest from there.

    ReplyDelete